The Prospera chip debit card makes safe payments even safer.
Each Prospera debit card contains an embedded microchip which allows it to store and process data more securely. The embedded microchip encrypts your banking information, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the data on the card. Chip cards also have the magnetic stripe on the back to ensure continued acceptance by merchants that do not have chip-enabled terminals.
Did You Know?
There are many benefits to using a Prospera chip debit card:
- It's simple to use. Just insert your debit card into the terminal and enter your PIN to complete the transaction.
- For newer Prospera debit cards with Interac Flash®, simply hold your card in front of the reader at checkout. Your purchase is automatically debited from the account you normally use for debit card transactions. Interac Flash® is a safe, quick and convenient way to pay for smaller purchases. Use it at merchants across Canada, wherever you see the Interac Flash® logo.
- It's secure. You don't have to give your card to someone else to process the transaction, and the data on the chip is extremely difficult to change or copy, minimizing the risk fraud.
- It's durable. Chips last longer than magnetic stripes.
- Prospera debit card offers Buyer Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty on all purchases made with the card. For a full 90 days after your purchase, the item is protected if lost, stolen, dropped or broken! Also, your debit card doubles a manufacturer’s warranty up to one year, as long as the warranty is valid in Canada.
Click here to learn more.
For lost or stolen debit cards
Log on to online banking and report your lost or stolen Debit Card, immediately preventing any misuse of the card. Click on “account services” in the left hand navigation, then click on “lost/stolen debit card”. Fill out the required information and we’ll take care of the rest.
Or contact us toll free at 1-888-440-4480 and speak with a customer service representative during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm and Saturday, 8am-4pm). For extended support after regular business hours please contact 1-888-277-1043.
Surcharge-Free ATM Network
Prospera Credit Union is a member of THE EXCHANGE® and ACCULINK® networks of bank and credit union ATMs across Canada that never charge each other’s cardholders any surcharge fees for withdrawals or deposits. With more than 2,500 ATMs from over 400 participating financial institutions, including virtually all credit unions in BC as well as HSBC and the National Bank of Canada, you will never pay any surcharge fees to access your own money even if you use another member institution’s ATM. Just look for ATMs with THE EXCHANGE® or ACCULINK logo on them.
When travelling in the US, look for the ACCEL® logo at over 450,000 ATMs. You can withdraw money from any ATM displaying the ACCEL® logo and the vast majority of them will be surcharge-free to you. Prospera also offers access to the ACCEL® Point of Sale (POS) debit network in the United States, one of the largest POS networks in the United States with more than 3,000,000 merchant locations.
Travelling abroad? As a Prospera cardholder you can also take advantage of the Cirrus® ATM network. With more than 1,000,000 ATM locations in 93 countries, you can be sure you will always have access to your cash when you need it.