Financial Literacy Awareness Facebook Contest
Financial Literacy Awareness Facebook Contest (the “Contest”) – Official Rules
1. Prospera Credit Union sponsors the Contest (the “Contest Sponsor”).
2. The Contest commences at 10:00 a.m. (PST) on November 7, 2016 and concludes at 4:00 p.m. (PST) on December 2, 2016 (the “Contest Closing Date” and “Contest Period”).
3. The Contest is open only to B.C. residents who have reached the age of majority as of November 7, 2016 (the “Contestant”). The Contestant need not be a member of the Contest Sponsor in order to enter the Contest.
4. The Contestant must enter the Contest during the Contest Period and prior to the Contest Closing Date.
5. The Contest Sponsor and any of its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, distributors, attorneys, representatives and members of the immediate family of any of the foregoing persons or persons domiciled with any of the foregoing persons, may not enter the Contest. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, spouse, children or siblings.
How to Enter the Contest
6. The Contestant may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by the following means:
a. Commenting on the weekly Facebook post, posted each Monday at 10:00 a.m. (PST)
7. No purchase is required to enter the Contest.
Prizes8. The prize is a Cineplex Movie Night for Two gift certificate (the “Prize”). The value of the prize is $ 25.00 CDN. There are 6 Prizes. Each Contestant is only eligible to win one Prize. Two prizes will be drawn each week.
Odds of Winning
9. The odds of a Contestant being selected as eligible to win any prize under this Contest depends on the number of entry forms (the “Ballots”) completed and submitted during the Contest Period.
Selection of Winning Contestants
10. On each Monday or the next business day if such day is a statutory holiday (the “Draw Date”), starting on November 14, 2016 and ending on December 5, 2016, two Contestants (the “Selected Contestant”) will be selected randomly by drawing from among all the Ballots received during the Contest Period who is then eligible to win the Prizes (the “Monthly Draw”). There are a total of 3 Weekly Draws.
11. If in a Weekly Draw, the Selected Contestant does not respond as provided below in Rule 16, then the Selected Contestant is disqualified from the Contest and an additional Contestant is selected in the following Weekly Draw
12. If a Contestant is selected, then their Ballot is withdrawn from the draw for the Prize and not eligible to win any further Prizes.
13. In order to claim a Prize, the Selected Contestant must:
a. produce valid government-issued picture identification to the Contest Sponsor who will photocopy same for their records;
b. sign a Standard Release Form and provide same to the Contest Sponsor and correctly answer, unaided, the arithmetical skill-testing question for the Prize on the Standard Release Form; and
c. sign a Photo Authorization and Release form and provide same to the Contest Sponsor.
14. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to administer the skill-testing question to the Selected Contestant in any manner as it deems appropriate.
15. The Selected Contestant will be contacted on the business day that follows the Draw Date during the Contest Period by Facebook message using the contact information of the Selected Contestant provided on the Ballot to be notified that they may be eligible to win the Prize.
16. If the Selected Contestant does not respond within seven business days of the attempt to contact the Selected Contestant by the Contest Sponsor, then the Selected Contestant is disqualified from the Contest and no longer eligible to claim any prize of this Contest.
17. The Contestants participate in the Contest by submitting a ballot and, by doing so, represent:
a. they are eligible to participate in the Contest; and
b. to comply with these rules.
18. By participating in the Contest, the Contestants release the Consent Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, authorized dealers, the prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, including, but without limitation, their advertising and promotional agencies and the independent contest organizations (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury (including death) of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest including, but without limitation, to the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and acknowledge that the Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law including but not limited to the prizes’ quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
19. The Releasees are not responsible or liable for:
a. incomplete, late, lost, misdirected, garbled, forged or tampered with entry forms or ballots or for failure to receive entry forms or ballots due to, without limitation, transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including electronic malfunctioning of any equipment, network, hardware, or software; and
b. typographical or other inadvertent errors in these rules or any materials of the Contest.
20. The Contest Sponsor’s decisions regarding any matter of the Contest are final and binding, without a right of appeal, in their sole discretion.
21. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest or disqualify a Contestant at any time, subject to the approval of any regulatory authorities, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that for any reason the Contest cannot be run as originally planned or if fraud, technical failures or any other occurrence compromises the fairness or integrity of the Contest.
22. If any prize of this Contest in unavailable for any reason, then the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value to the prize won under the Contest.
23. The Contestants are responsible for all other expenses, including the reporting and payment of any federal or provincial taxes, associated with the acceptance or use of any prize awarded under the Contest.
24. If the identity of the Contestant is disputed, then the authorized account holder of the e-mail address is deemed to be the Contestant who submitted the entry form and the ballot. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses by the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
25. The Contest, including the rights and obligations of the Contestant or Contest Sponsor, are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of British Columbia and all applicable federal laws except as stated otherwise herein.
26. Upon submission, all entry forms and ballots are property of the Contest Sponsor.
27. The Contest Sponsor will handle the personal information of the Contestant in strict compliance with provincial and federal privacy legislation.
28. The Contestant’s personal information will not be sold or rented to other third-party merchants except as stated otherwise herein.
29. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, the Contestant consents to the Contest Sponsor:
a. collecting, using, and disclosing the Contestant’s personal information necessary for the administration of the Contest which includes determining eligibility of the Contestant, declaring the Contestant as a winner and awarding any prize of the Contest to the Contestant; and
b. publishing the Contestant’s name, photograph and/or place of residence on the Contest Sponsor’s websites and publications for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or additional compensation, if the Contestant claims a prize of the Contest.