Call for nominations
The Nominations & Elections Committee is calling for members to fill three expiring terms on the Board of Directors.
The Nominations & Elections Committee is looking for the following criteria in Board candidates:
- The highest standards of ethical behaviour and integrity
- Alignment with Prospera’s Values of Accountability, Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, Member First and Community as well as the Co-operative Principles
- Exceptional leadership, judgment and decision-making skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in a team environment
- The ability to understand and analyze financial statements and mangement reports
- Governance experience (ie. volunteer, business, or government)
In addition, this year the Committee is specifically seeking candidates with experience in either of the following areas:
- Strategic thinkers
- Familiar with risk management and regulatory environments
To be eligible for election as a director, nominees must:
- Be the age of majority;
- Hold personal membership shares in Prospera Credit Union and be a ‘member in good standing’ for at least 12 months at the close of nominations;
- Be nominated by three adult ‘members in good standing’ of the Credit Union;
- Submit to criminal record and bankruptcy checks; and
- Complete the necessary forms which are available at any Prospera location and on this website (please see links below). Completed Nomination forms must be received at the address below no later than 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 31, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Nominations and Elections Committee has the right to recommend candidates that they determine meet the needs of the Board. In order to be considered for recommendation, interested parties are required to contact the Committee Chair,
Pauline Havelock prior to Tuesday, January 10, 2017 to arrange for an informal interview.
For further information regarding the nomination and election of Directors please contact:
Senior Manager, Governance and Planning
toll free 1.888.440.4480